It's so hard to believe, but yes it's true. My baby turned 3 on February 10th. It's kind of a mixed bag of emotions and I think about how big he's getting, but also how thankful I am that we are past the baby stages, well for the most part.
He had beautiful weather for his big day. It was 61 outside, in Michigan that's warm. He was able to drive his jeep and play outside for a good portion of the day. It will be a long time before it's that warm again on his birthday.
I am thankful that he seems to be past all of the developmental issues that we encountered when he was one. He's turning into such a big boy and is always making everyone laugh, even strangers when he tells me he doesn't think napping is a good idea.
Alek, you are such a sweet boy and I'm so glad that God chose me to be your mommy. I remember the day you came into this world and all the emotion it held as you managed to turn yourself in the wrong direction and we had to get you out of mommy's tummy in a different way. I love to look at pictures of you with your spiked hair and skinny little body. You make me smile every day and I pray that as you grow, you will come to know and love Jesus. I love you buddy!
3 comments:
Looks like the weather was great. Do you only have it cold when we visit? Alek, sorry I was "sleeping" when you talked to grandma on your birthday.
Pam,
I can't believe how little Alek once was! Your thoughts about how special and what a blessing he is to "all" of us made me cry. Give him a big hug and Nina too and tell him "Grandma says for him to practice his , Johnny Works With One Hammer finger play".
Wow! He is growing so fast! Happy Birthday to an adorable little boy! :) Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!
Post a Comment