The family trip to Disney World. What more needs to be said? We headed down to Florida with a direct flight from Grand Rapids. Definitely nice when traveling with the kids. We arrived on my birthday, April 18, and got the van rented, checked into the time share, picked up some groceries, and Grandpa and Grandma from the airport. We ate a quick dinner and headed over to the Magic Kingdom around 7 pm. There were 2 reasons for wanting to go. First, since it was my birthday, I could get free admission, or a gift card to use for merchandise that was worth that amount. Good deal because that paid for most of the kids junk they wanted. Second, Space Mountain was closing the next day for about 6 months I think. We didn't make it on since waiting 90 minutes to ride it wasn't in the cards for us or the tired kiddos. So we rode on the People Mover, or whatever they call it now, and drove the cars at the speedway. We also watched the fireworks at 10 which were quite impressive.
We're at Disney World!!!!!
Alek driving on the speedway. I think Grandpa needed his back worked on after it.
Visiting Mickey at Animal Kingdom and getting autographs.
The kids with Goofy Grandpa and Grandma at Animal Kingdom
Alek trying his luck at pulling the sword out of the stone
Nina was thrilled to meet Cinderella, Belle and Aurora in the Magic Kingdom. Alek wanted nothing to do with them though, which I found funny since he had no problem with the other characters.
We went on the rapids ride at the end of the day. Alek was barely tall enough and Nina thought we should go again. Why was this her favorite ride?
Alek playing in the splash pad at Epcot or Apricot as he liked to call it. We were waiting for Mommy to recover from Mission Space or Mission Barf as we referred to it.
Picture inside of Bruce at Epcot.
We had a cranky Nina on her hands because she wanted to get Minnie's autograph. She didn't want to do anything else until this was accomplished. So, here she is in Epcot.
The infamous Chicken Dale as Alek likes to call them. They were funny as Dale splashed in the puddle before coming over for pics with the kids.
So, that sums it up. We did all the parks, with the most time spent at the Magic Kingdom I think. We spent a day hanging out by the pool at our time share and had to take a couple of afternoons off since it got too warm for this Michigan blood. It was a great vacation, just not relaxing. Next time, we going to the beach and doing nothing :)
2 comments:
I had use your mother's account as I couldn't get my password to work. Great summary of the week Pam! As you know I personally loved Mission Space. I'm glad you are able to use some of the pictures. -- Dad
What an awesome trip!!! Sounds like you all had a really great time! I can't believe how much your kiddos are growing!! They just keep getting cuter every day! :)
Post a Comment