September was a crazy month for us and I still feel like I'm trying to catch my breath after a whirlwind month. School began and things seemed normal. That Friday, Dennis' car sounded funny and then wouldn't start. We towed it to the shop and found out that it's life was pretty much done. The tensioner on the timing chain became loose and caused some problems. So, we were down to one car until I saw a friend who happens to have an extra car. They graciously agreed to let us borrow it and the kids had fun going for a ride in the convertible. We test drove 4 cars in 3 days and bought one on the 3rd day. Craziness! Not a fun way to have to buy a car, but I am thankful that we were able to get a new car. It's a Mazda CX9 and so far we are enjoying it, besides the paying for it part :)
The following week, Alek tripped and hit his head on the bedrail in his room. The blood was flowing and amazingly, none got on the carpet. I was in his room when it happened. I saw him, grabbed him and ran to the bathroom. My neighbor ended up driving Alek and me to the ER and waited for 2 hours for him to get his 5 stitches. Way beyond the call of duty and we are so thankful for kind neighbors. He is healing up nicely and it will probably be barely noticeable in a few years. Every boy needs his battle scars, right?
2 comments:
Poor guy! Yes, every boy needs his battle scars . . . he will have a good story to tell. I love the pics of your house (what I can see of it), looks like a great neighborhood! I'd love to see some REAL pictures of your new pad!
Congrats on your new car (and sorry at the same time). Sorry to hear about Alek's injury and stitches. But I agree with Brenda that he'll have a good story to tell. I also agree with Brenda that I love getting a glimpse into your home and your neighborhood looks beautiful! I wish I could come for a vist!!
Post a Comment