September 13, 2011

Healing Fields

This weekend, in honor of September 11, the ski hill by us was covered with 3200 United States Flags.  Each flag represented someone who lost their life during the September 11 attack.  Each flag had a card with a person's name, age, where they died and a little bit about them.  It was very moving to think about all those people that died that day.  One of the cards had a man's name who was on one of the flights headed back to California to be with his wife that was about to give birth.  I can not even imagine.  I saw a group of about 6th grade students standing in a circle, holding hands and praying.  I walked through the field, praying and thanking God for His control over all things.  I'm so thankful that although I don't understand, I can trust that all things are in my Father's care.  



1 comment:

Jess said...

Wow! The impact of that day still astounds me. Good perspective my friend!