October 8, 2011

Nina is 9!

Where does the time go?  That's my first question as I wished my 9 year old a happy birthday this year.  Nina chose to take a few close friends to the movies with her to celebrate.  We went to see Mr. Popper's Penguins on a Sunday afternoon.  The girls ate popcorn and had fun being together.  We came back to the house, had a present cake (by far one of the easiest to "decorate" and so my favorite), and opened gifts.  It's interesting to see her growing up and having a desire to spend more time with only a few friends.  I guess she's like me in that respect.  I want quality over quantity when it comes to my friends.  


 Nina with her buddy Sydney.  These two are too funny!
 Nina's good friend since they were 3, Rachel.
 Sarah and Nina who have known each other Sarah's whole life.
 Presents on her actual birthday from family after piano lessons with Mrs. Kash who has the same birthday as Nina, and before dinner at The Score.  Not quite sure why she chose a sports bar to have dinner at considering she doesn't like sports.  They do have TVs at each table, so maybe that's why.  
 Ice cream cake is always the best, even though it's not as good as Carvel's according to some people.
Happiest of birthdays to you Nina!!  We love you and are so excited to see what God has in store for you this year.  Watching you grow up is hard for me to let happen, but I know that you are growing up to be exactly who God wants you to be.  I am thankful and blessed to be able to call you my daughter.  Love you always my squirmy worm!

2 comments:

Brenda Johnston said...

Happy Birthday Nina! I just showed the girls your pictures. They love the present cake your mom made you! I can't believe you are 9 already!

Jess said...

Happy Birthday Nina!!! I can't believe that you are already 9! I remember holding you in my arms as a tiny baby! How you've grown - and into such a beautiful young lady! Looks like the birthday was a special one.

Pam, I love that you added squirmy worm in there. We have a Sesame Beginnings DVD where Cookie Monster's grandma calls him that and it always reminds me of you and Nina. :)