December 9, 2008

Cutting Down the Tree









I am thankful for this yearly tradition of going out and cutting down our own tree.  I wouldn't mind if it wasn't quite so freezing cold out however.  It was 20 degrees Fahrenheit and the wind was blowing the snow around as it fell.  We didn't take too long to find a tree, that's for sure.  Once we got it home, we had to wait for the ice to melt off of it before we could decorate.  Nina tried to help by pulling ice chunks off of the tree.  Since we couldn't decorate the tree right away, the kids decided to help make the banister festive.  They are always wanting to be helpful!  


3 comments:

Jess said...

Sounds fun - and cold! Great job to the kids on the banner decorating! :)

leonardkl said...

I don't look forward to the cold when we come for Christmas. Could you warm it up a little?

lyndonl999 said...

I am so glad you all had fun....It is raining here all week! Give your mom big hugs for Uncle Lyndon and Aunt Kathleen!